The purpose of this privacy statement is to explain how we, Van den Brink Beheer en Lease B.V. and its subsidiaries (hereinafter collectively “BRINK”), use and safeguard personal data that we collect through our websites. This privacy statement covers all visitors to our websites, including applicants who respond online and individuals who request information or services through our websites.
Our contact details
The personal data we process
We may process the IP address of the device you use to visit our website. If you apply for a job through one of our websites, such as werkenbij.brinkbv.com, we may process the following personal data:
- Basic personal information such as name, address, phone number, e-mail address and demographic information;
- Information related to the user and web traffic such as login details, username and IP address;
- Financial information such as information related to invoices;
- Content you have uploaded or provided such as photos, comments, articles and videos;
- Information provided with job applications.
We do not intend to collect special categories of personal data or other sensitive personal data from website visitors. We also do not intend to collect personal data from website visitors who are under 16 years of age, unless BRINK has parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we have collected personal data from a website visitor under the age of 16 without lawful consent, or if you believe that we have collected special categories of personal data or other sensitive personal data through any of our websites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have such data deleted.
The purposes for which we process personal data
We may use your personal data to:
- Calling or emailing you if necessary to carry out our services.
- Handling your online job application;
- Handle and respond to any complaints.
How long do we keep personal data?
We do not keep your data for longer than necessary given the purpose of processing or other legislation requiring retention.
Transfer to third parties and security
BRINK shares your personal data with various third parties as necessary to execute the agreement and to comply with any legal obligation. We enter into a processing agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. BRINK remains responsible for this processing.
We only use technical cookies, functional cookies and analytical cookies. We do not use tracking cookies. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical functioning of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and remember your preferences, for example. They also allow us to optimise our website. You can opt out of cookies by configuring your internet browser to stop storing cookies (e.g. via https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout you can exclude yourself from Google Analytics using an opt-out plugin). You can also delete any information previously stored via your browser settings.
View, correct or delete your personal data
You can invoke the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal data:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
Please use email@example.com to submit requests as mentioned in this section, or your request to BRINK’s specific company.
Finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal data with the data protection authorities.
How we secure your personal data
BRINK takes the protection of your personal data seriously and takes appropriate measures to counter abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification. For example, we ensure that only the necessary persons have access to personal data, that access to the data is protected and that our security measures are checked regularly. If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact BRINK immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have comments or questions about our Privacy Statement or concerns about your privacy or a possible breach of privacy, please send them to email@example.com.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you to address your concerns and set out options for resolving them. We aim to ensure that complaints are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
Changes to this privacy statement
BRINK may change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. Your data will not be used by BRINK for other purposes without your consent. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly so that you are aware of any such changes.
Entry into force
This (updated) privacy statement came into force on 1 June 2023.
This privacy statement has been translated, the Dutch version will prevail in the explanation and interpretation of this text.